What is SkinDoc?
Skindoc is a telehealth web application for dermatology consultations that emerged during the infancy of the COVID-19 pandemic. Skindoc aims at providing both patients and dermatologists with a digital space where they can meet remotely, making consultations a safer and more convenient process.
Accessibility to dermatological consultations is beginning to lag behind.
Each year 54% of the population are affected by skin disease in the UK. The Royal College of Physicians recommends one full-time dermatologist per 60,000 population, however, as it stands, no region in the UK has met this recommendation. As a matter of fact - there is an increasing shortage of dermatologists in the UK, which has led to a significant increase in waiting time for patients. This problem has drastically increased in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic when health care institutions are being pushed to their limits.
What's the Solution?
skindoc. aims to alleviate the difficulties in seeking and delivering expert skin care, which enables greater accessibility for both patients and dermatologists. In partnership with Skillwork and Makette, Skindoc successfully developed a web application which allows patients to undergo a thorough consultation regarding their particular issue, all from the comfort of their home.
Key Challenges on the tech and product side
- Develop a scalable web-based MVP, with a mobile-first mindset
- Integrate Web RTC (Real-time communication)
- Ensure absolute fidelity / eliminate misinformation and misunderstandings
- Workaround the CQC and NHS requirements
How we did it
The first step of the journey was to gain a full understanding of Skindoc founders' vision, getting to know the problem that Skindoc was trying to solve, and listing all business requirements. We have organized all communication channels ensuring that the founders can be quickly updated via Whatsapp or conveniently add issues through Github. Transparent and seamless communication and access to all information and materials is always our top priority.
We understand that speed to market is critical for our customers and, as such, using the customer stories prepared by Makette, we divided the work into three sprints, allowing the team to start testing the platform by the end of sprint two. During the sprints, we anticipated and accommodated a number of changes to the initial scope connected with the complexities of CQC and NHS requirements or feedback gathered by the founders through early customers testing activities.
Finally, at the end of sprint three, we have prepared a testing framework which allows us to quickly update the Skindoc platform and remove any bugs. We ensured that we will have resources in place to rapidly introduce new features and modifications based on data gathered from early users. We are also actively assisting Skindoc team, exploring funding possibilities and taking on the duties of a CTO.
See it in action
Don't just take our word for it - click here to see it in action!
- Telehealth web application
- Interactive medical questionnaires
- Ability to get a clinical diagnosis without ever speaking to a doctor
- Ability to book a live consultation with a doctor
- Custom scheduling system for the patients and doctors
- Comprehensive case management module for patients and doctors
- Video and voice chat integration
- Patients' records management module
- Comprehensive security system
- Dynamic Questionnaire builder
- Comprehensive analytics and admin panel